Saturday 5 February 2011

Week One - The Fox Amature - Part One

I set to work on the armature for the fox shortly after meeting.

I decided that I would like to continue an armature design I started last Semester which was based on a realistic Cat. Sadly the armature and the foam latex puppet I made never got used as I ran out of time to use them, however the armature could now be reused for something much more important.

I first started research and analysing the skeletal structure of a fox, from this I could then work out a scale drawing of what the armature will look and how long each limb section will be and where the joints will work.

I then carefully deconstructed my cat armature, which needless to say was a pain as the thread lock did it's job nicely, but I needed to be careful not to damage any of the plates, ball joints etc as I would need to reuse them. The threaded bar on the other hand is easily and cheaply replaceable as M3 threaded bar can be picked up cheap enough from any DIY store.

With some time, patience, a lighter, an MOD hand clamp, pliers and some brute force and ignorance the armature came apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment