Monday 28 February 2011

Week Four - Making the Head

The head for the fox was fairly simple to make, I used a combination of milliput and some wire, which was made from 1mm wire, 4 strands twisted together tightly.


Once the milliput had set, I carefully drilled 8 holes in marked position that would allow me to have moveable ears, fur cheeks and eyebrow that would allow my fox to express some emotion.

The wire was held in place using 5 min epoxy, simple as that.
  

With the head made I could then test fit the whole armature into the mould, to be 100% certain that it would fit, but also leave enough room around the edges for the foam latex. 


Overall I was pleased with the outcome, and to finish the armature off completely I attached some thin steel strips to each foot, crimped, then glued in place with some more expoxy. This will allow my armature to be held to the animation base using magnets.



No comments:

Post a Comment