Sunday 3 April 2011

200311 - Redoing the Fox pt 2

To finish off the new armature for my fox, I decided that to improve on the last one I would block out the "bones" of the character, meaning only where I want the joints to be would move.

To do this I used lengths of K and S tubing, cut to length using my dremmel and an angle grinder attachment.


I first marked out the lengths that I required to do all 4 legs. Then, because I'd already attached the feet and couldn't slip the KandS over the armature I cut a line the full length of the tubing so I could split it open so I could fit them to the armature.





Once cut to length, using a small screwdriver and a pair of pliers I opening up the tubing just wide enough to go over the aluminium wire.



The pieces of KandS were filled for 2 pack epoxy, then clamped tightly into position and left to dry.

To finish the armature off I then drilled a few holes into the head and added the wire for his ears, jowls and his eyebrow ridge, to give him simple emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment