Sunday 3 April 2011

260311 - The Props pt 1

I began some work on making a few props for the man, for use in his house.

For most of the props I will be using Super Sculpy and Milliput, as these are strong, durable, drill-able, quick to make with and take paint well.


Using the man to get the correct scale (roughly 1:8) I first made a set of 6 mugs.

For now these are just the rough, bare bones. They will be later drilled and handles glued on.


I also made an old cartridge game console, which is a mash up of the Mega Drive/Master System and a Nes. A plug  and a wire for the controller has yet to be added at this stage.

 This will be used for when the man is poor and has little money.


The bottom console will be his new, smaller, slick console, which is very loosely based on an XBox or a PS3, along with a match wireless controller.

This will replace his old console as he spends the money, from the money tree.


I also made up some small acorns, which I will be using on Newtons Cradle for my Fox's desk where he will work.

Once the Super Scuply props were bakes in the oven I gave them a quick file/sand down to smooth them out and neaten up there shape.

I also made some mug handles from Milliput, once dried/set they were shaped using a number of small files and simple just glued onto the mugs.

The acorn "caps" were also made from Milliput, as this was a lot easier than trying to use the Scuply as it doesn't require baking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment