Sunday, 15 May 2011

310311 - Cutting Flashlines off Fox and The Props pt2

With the flash lines (excess foam latex) removed from the puppet and folding into position I could assess how well the joints folded, compared to the first one, which was a denser mix.

I was very pleased with the outcome, the creases at the joints were minimal when compared to the first puppet and the seam, although more visible was good enough to work with.

I decided against melting the seam down using a soldering iron this time I didn't want to have to deal with sticky mess that is left behind, which needs covering in liquid latex, which I don't really want to do again.

The the base of the fox now done I cracked on with a few of the props.

Here I've started on the first lot of DVD boxes that are for the shelves in Barney's home, the clip board for the fox and also a newtons cradle for his desk in the forest.

These are all made from Super Sculpy and will be baked in the over at around 100 degrees for 30-40 minutes till cured.

No comments:

Post a Comment